The sports and adventure youth hostel is located on the Echternach lake and has its own climbing wall. Initiation courses are regularly offered here for children, young people and adults. Children/young people up to 15 years included only if accompanied by a full-paying adult!
- Learn how to secure
- Climbing wall
- Sports youth hostel Echternach, located at the lake
- Climbing fun for young and old
- Mullerthal Region – Luxembourg’s Little Switzerland
Climbing harness and security device are provided for the initiation courses and are therefore included in the price. Participants of the initiation course also get access to the following free climbing.
Spectators free of charge
Please note the following information:
Terms of cancellation
Unless stated otherwise, the participant and/or his legal representative agrees that by participating in this event, he may be photographed or filmed and that these photographs or videos may be published in the press or be used for any non-commercial purposes in direct context with the concerned activity. The participant agrees to the fact that with the release of the photographs/videos, he is not entitled to any payment.
The modern climbing wall at Echternach youth hostel is 14 metres high. This makes it ideal for regular climbing courses and free climbing, whether for beginners, advanced climbers or families. Climbing equipment can also be rented on site.
Climbing initiation courses are held four times a week for adults and children. Here you learn all the essentials of the securing techniques so that you are ready for free climbing afterwards. Registrations for climbing initiation courses are required and are also a prerequisite for all beginners to be able to participate in free climbing.
- Tuesday: 17.30 - 19.30
- Friday: 17.30 - 19.30
- Saturday: 14.30 - 16.30
- Sunday: 14.30 - 16.30
- Adults: 23 €
- Children from 9 years and students: 15 €
- Children from 5-8 years: 9 €
All climbing enthusiasts from the age of 5 accompanied by a full-paying adult can take part in the climbing initiation. Every participant from the age of 9 also learns the necessary safety techniques. Children under 9 years of age must be secured by an accompanying adult. The climbing initiation is intended for people who want to have a first experience on the climbing wall and who later want to climb on their own in the hall in Echternach. Climbing is not taught during the course, only how to secure oneself using the latest techniques.
- Climbing only with climbing shoes or clean sports shoes.
- Solo climbing with or without rope is not allowed above 2m.
- Pay the utmost attention when securing. No securing while lying or sitting.
- Only one rope per carabiner.
- Rapid lowering of the partner is prohibited.
- The climbing hall is not a playground, noise and running around are prohibited.
- Changing or removing holds, carabiners and safety hooks is forbidden, as is pulling off ropes.
- Securing and/or climbing in the hall requires the signing of hall rules.
- Only sports climbing instructors approved by the youth hostel are allowed to instruct beginners in securing techniques.
- The youth hostel must be informed immediately of any possible defect in the rope, deflection carabiners, handholds, safety floor and other equipment.
- Any fall, from 2m onto the safety floor, must be reported immediately to the youth hostel staff. This applies EVEN if there is no visible damage.
- Climbing or securing under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.