1.5 km away from Stolzembourg are the remains of the former copper mine. For more than 500 years, the copper-bearing veins of the "Klangbaach" have attracted several investors.
In recent years, a part of the underground galleries has been made accessible to the interested public
- The remains of the only copper mine in Luxembourg are in Stolzemburg
- 50 meters below ground, the visitors learn about the difficult degradation of the copper ore.
- Trained tour guides accompany the visitor throughout the tour
- Rain jackets, boots and helmets are provided free of charge
Rain jackets, boots, helmets
Warme Kleidung wird empfohlen
|Participants||Maximum of 30 participants|
The underground galleries are open starting Easter until the end of October. The visit with a guide of the association "Guides des Ardennes" includes:
1. The museum with information on the geology of the region, history of the mine, the different mining periods.
2. The geological trail with 10 display boards.
3. The underground galleries.
Duration : 2-3 hours. Meeting Point : Museum 5A, rue Principale Stolzembourg